From:
"Melber, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:20:16 -0800
Hello!

I have a new publication out that I thought might be of interest to the listserv- It came about after years of working in museums and other venues of the informal world and wanting to support classroom teachers as well as entry level museum professionals on creating inquiry-based, projects to explore exhibits.

Informal Learning and Field Trips: Engaging Students in Standards-Based Experiences Across the K-5 Curriculum

By Leah M. Melber, Ph.D.

Forward by Dr. Doris Ash (CILS)

www.corwinpress.com <https://email.calstatela.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.corwinpress.com/>

http://www.corwinpress.com/booksProdDesc.nav?contribId=617868&prodId=Book230563 <https://email.calstatela.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.corwinpress.com/booksProdDesc.nav?contribId=617868%26prodId=Book230563>

I took care to include activities that could be easily modified for a variety of settings- as well as take into account the reality of exhibtry constraints, national standards, and large numbers of students in a sometimes small location! The goal was. to create a work that moved beyond the basic advice of how to create field trip nametags, but was a more pragmatic approach than the more theoretical works already on the market.

If you'd like to know more, see if it's a good publication for your needs perhaps, feel free to contact me directly (save the listserv from receiving too many emails!)- [log in to unmask]

Best to everyone-

Leah

Leah M. Melber, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor