From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:20:17 -0600
Mel,

Since your message didn't include your email, I will send this back to
the list.

First let me help you with the difference between an object and an
accession, which will help you to understand the difference in Past
Perfect.  When a museum receives an object or group of objects from one
donor that they add to their permanent collection, that is an accession.
An accession record lists information about the donor and their
donation.  This can include donor name and address, a list of the
objects given, when it was donated, etc.  This record is all about the
donor and their relationship to the objects given to the museum.  In
Past perfect you can create a basic "object record" from this screen at
the bottom.  This will tie the accession to the objects records. Each
item or artifact that a museum has is recorded in the objects file.  In
an object file you will record a full description of the object,
information about the objects history, insurance information, the
location of the object within the museum, and on and on.  Although the
records work in conjunction, they are not the same but are tied together
within the database. This is a very simple explanation, but let me know
if you are still confused.

As for your problems with the Deed of Gift and Thank you letter, I would
suggest that you contact Museum Software and ask a technician.  They are
great and are very willing to walk you through anything.

If you need other assistance, please feel free to contact me off the
list.

Tracie Evans

Collections Manager

Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum