From:
Craig Rosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 13:11:26 -0700
|>Eric Siegel -
|>
|>Are you queer???????

|>Please explain YOUR thought, or lack of thought, process and reasoning behind
|>the manner in which you chose to reply; also advising us ALL as to just what,
|>in the first place, possessed you to act upon THIS subject of e-mails through
|>your public posting of an e-mail reply .

Cari:

Your attempt to sabotage an informative and frank discussion, sensitive as
it may be, for the purpose of grandstanding and hurling insults is in my
opinion, inappropriate.

If,  _in your opinion_ ,   a person missteps or misuses a sensitive term
while trying to gain greater understanding, help them by participating in
the discussion in a constructive way. If you can't do that, take five and
think before you flame. If you are so upset that this is not possible, take
_your own time and bandwidth_ to belittle the poster.

It is precisely this kind of righteous, accusatory, and defensive posturing
that makes it impossible for _anyone_ these days to talk to each other
about race, gender, sexuality, abuse, or any subject shrouded in tense
silence. With the above tirade waiting around every corner, who is going to
take a chance and reach for understanding? I refuse to encourage it.

Now, what is your _real_ contribution to the dialogue with Mr. Siegel?

Respects,

Craig M. Rosa