From:
Brad Bredehoft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:21:12 -0600
Exhibits are one of the most expensive of interpretive media we use, and
yet one of the media that we often really don't know if "it works".  We
judge exhibits by their appearance rather than by their success in
accomplishing meaningful objectives. We like to ask -if you spend
$10,000 on your exhibits, how will you determine if you're receiving
$10,000 in benefits from those exhibits?  That's usually when we get the
"deer in the headlights" stare.
Join professional interpreter John Ververka for this 4 week online
course. It is the goal of this course to give you some simple tools for
doing evaluations of, or critiquing exhibits. Some tools for critiquing
existing exhibits - to see if they are accomplishing their objectives
and may be in need of rehabilitation, and some for pre-post testing
evaluation of exhibits first being designed to see if they are
accomplishing their objectives prior to final construction so they can
be "fixed" to be more effective.
For more information visit our website:
http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/evaluating-interpretive-exhibits/
--