From:
Sharon Koomler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:10:52 EST
Hi all,

I am working on a time budgeting project and need some help in determining
estimates for cataloging collections. Much of our collection has been
"catalogued," but all of the information needs to be reviewed, and some  corrected, as
each object is handled. Some objects have only scant information  available
so will require more. This is also an inventory project.

I know this type of information is out there but of course couldn't  find it
when I needed it! Can someone guide me to sources or provide some basic
(substantiated) estimates for time involved to create the paper trail for one
object and/or to review/update the same?  It will also be helpful to know  the
standard estimate for the number of records to input into a database per  day.

Thanks,

Sharon Duane Koomler
Director of the Museum
Shaker Museum and Library