From:
adelheid straten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:06:56 +0200
Ashley,

the usual method is to produce a formal letter by any text program and
finish it with name and titel (by that program), print it, put a
handwritten signature on it (over the name and titel line) and forward
it by mail, together with the other stuff (copies)... =-O

Of course, technically you may use your signature as picture file (as
proposed by Marc) if you own a color printer, but I think that this can
be recognized by the professionals as being done by a mechanical
process. As many recruiters want to be sure that your application comes
from you personally (not from a machine or your mom) and many of them
believe that personal handwriting tells you something on the character
of a person, many of them want a personal signature or a handwritten CV
etc. for the better positions. If you read our open positions*
carefully, you will see that many applicant bodies do not accept eMail
applications, and several using and proposing fast online applications
want you to forward in a second step handwritten and/or copied material.

A copied "handwritten" CV, f.e., may land on the "NO" pile. In all cases
of doubt (which kind of application material is wanted or open
questions), you better get in contact before applying.

Christian

* today, there are at least 2,411 open positions in museums and science
in our database
http://www.museum-aktuell.de/index.php?site=stellenhinweise&TM=4.
A formal registration is needed (free of charge), see
http://www.museum-aktuell.de/index.php?site=login_jobs