From:
Paul Pallansch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:38:41 -0400
Hello Ms. Doane,
	Spike tape used by theaters might do the trick. It is available in
bright colors, as well as dark, and even in glow-in-the-dark. At least
one reviewer said the fabric-backed tape was easier to pull up than
the plastic (more common) kind, and that it didn't hurt a painted
finish on a wood floor. If you have the time, though, get some you can
test on an inconspicuous spot of the floor for at least a month, just
to be sure. To find the tape, run a search, "spike tape". It is sold
by theatrical supply companies. It is also a good idea to talk to
someone knowledgeable at one of those about how long it has stayed
down without harming a floor's finish at pull-up.
	Also, you may have luck with "Goo-Gone", a mild solvent that is a mix
of mineral spirits and lemon juice (among other things) that may not
hurt the floor finish, but will certainly loosen the adhesive on the
tape. Good luck!

Cordially,

Paul Pallansch
Dioramist,