From:
Max Cardillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:27:15 -0500
DearColleague,

Thisis a reminder about our summer 2011 field school, the San Gemini PreservationStudies Program, now in its 12th year, which is dedicated to the preservation ofcultural heritage and offers students the opportunity to study and travel inItaly. This year, we continue with our courses on architecture, ceramics and artrestoration, and have added a course on paper restoration.

Coursesoffered:·        Introduction to Art and Building Restoration inItaly
·        Surveying andAnalyzing Historic Buildings
·        Introductionto Conservation of Archeological Ceramics
·        Introductionto Paper Restoration
·        TraditionalPainting Methods and Restoration Techniques
·        RestorationIssues and Theory in Italy

FieldProjects:
·        Restoration of the PortaBurgis
·        Surveyingthe 12th Century San Giovanni Battista Churchcomplex
·        Surveying theChurch of Santo Gemine
·        Archaeologicalsurvey of the public baths in Carsulae

Tofind out more about our program and review the syllabi, please visit ourwebsite: http://sangeministudies.org

Ourcourses are open to students from various disciplines, both undergraduate andgraduate. All lessons are taught in English.

Ifyou know any students, scholars, or others interested in this type of study,please inform them about our program. We would appreciate it if you could listour program on your organization's website as an available educational resource.

We havea 2011 flyer that you may wish to post on your department notice board orforward to interested parties. You can print this from our website, on our AboutUs page (http://sangeministudies.info/contac-us/about-us).Please let us know if you have any problem printing and we can email you thePDF.

Thankyou very much.

Cordially,Max Cardillo

Director,San Gemini Preservation Studies Program

[If youwould like to be removed from this listserv, please reply and type REMOVE in thesubject line.]