From:
Carey Tisdal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:48:13 -0600
     Now, Andy, we can also tell the stories about running multiple
     regressions with computer punch cards and walking six miles in the
     snow to class.

     Just fond memories.

     Carey Tisdal
     Research and Evaluation
     St. Louis Science Center

Subject: Re: Job Opening in Los Angeles
Author:  Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> at INTERNET
Date:    11/17/98 2:25 PM

At the risk of sounding extremely annoying and having people yell at me,
I recall that my UCLA graduate school stipend, which was considered full
support, was $3,000, which I lived on with a margin to spare.  According
to the Consumer Price Index, that amount adjusted for inflation is the
equivalent of $8,260 today.  I don't advocate a graduate student
lifestyle for real grownups, nor do I posit that a grownup salary ought
to be equivalent to a graduate living stipend -- my point, simply, is
that it's possible to live on very little, even in L.A.  It can even be
fun.

Andy Finch
DEFINITELY NOT AN AAM STAFFER FOR PURPOSES OF THIS MESSAGE