From:
"jerry.symonds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:31:33 -0000
Hi Beverly,

There have been many responses from those of us for whom it is “obvious”
that non-profits should prepare budgets. However, “where there is smoke
there is fire” and I am still not quite clear from your response to Jim
as to why you are asking the question ;)? For example: has a non-profit
you are associated with suggested that a budget is NOT necessary….and
you are testing the water? Has anyone expressed reasons (to you) for not
doing a budget?

I guess where I am going with this, is that we can spend all week
listing the “positives” for budgets: let’s consider the “negatives”
which is (hopefully!) a shorter list.

I am an Accountant/Auditor so am intrigued by this one!

Best Wishes,

Jerry