From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:43:09 -0800
Jay --

States and municipalities have very different
regulations for billboard advertising.  For example,
Wisconsin has very restrictive rules about billboards,
consequently billboards that enjoy a high rate of
daily viewing command extremely high prices.

Perhaps 20 years ago, the Milwaukee Public Museum
(www.mpm.edu) used billboard advertising for an
extended period of time -- perhaps you could contact
their marketing dept. to see if any studies were done
then or more recently.  I don't know if they still do
billboards.

More successful (and more affordable?), and still
being done on occasion, are the advertisements on the
sides of Milwaukee County Transit buses and bus
passes.

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI

--- Jay Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To All:
>
> Does anyone have, or know where I may obtain, a good
> study about the
> effectiveness of billboard advertising for museums?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?