From:
Robin Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:05:40 -0800
We have one that has not been worked on at all since our education person
left, but it was built through an Interactive University Project that
included several teachers.  It is
http://wwww.qal.berkeley.edu/~kroeber/iup.ca.ind/ca.ind.splash.html

At 03:29 AM 2/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone!
>My project for a Museum Interpretation course is to analyze websites that
>serve a strong interpretive/educational role.  For example, interpretive
>websites might have collections displayed online with descriptive labels
>similar to an actual museum exhibit.  It might also have class activities for
>teachers to download.  Similar to a museum tour, interpretive websites may
>have links guiding the viewer from object to object, concept to concept in a
>systematic way.
>
>One of the best examples is the Metropolitan's new website, which I plan to
>use as one of my examples.  Do any of you know of websites, other than the
>Metropolitan's, that you would particularly recommend and why?  Thanks in
>advance for your input!
>
>Ingrid Furniss

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message
>to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help"
>(without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Robin Stephenson
Programs and Membership Manager
Phoebe Hearst Museum of Anthropology