From:
"Bentley, Andrew Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:27:21 -0500
Amber

At present I would suggest going with the Canon Digital Rebel SLR
camera.  It will suit your needs perfectly.  It falls within your price
range and takes the most amazing pictures in both RAW and JPG formats.
It has a Canon Digit 6.3 Mp chip that produces the most amazing color
saturation.  This way you can also choose which lenses will best suit
our subject matter - macro, zoom etc.

I have one of these myself that I use for both personal and museum work.

Canon has recently also come out with the Digital Rebel Xt which is an
8.1 Mp derivative of the above.  It is a little more expensive.

B&H photo in New York is offering specials on packages for these cameras
at the moment which inclue body, lens and a 2Mb Lexar card.

Hope that helps

Andy