From:
Katherine Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:52:32 -0500
Happy new year, everyone! I am researching legal and practical issues in
digital deaccessioning, meaning the deaccessioning of digital works, which
include all variety of digital media works, including without limitation
software, algorithms, video games, works that were born-digital or which
have digital components or derivatives, etc., and would like to connect
with individuals who have had experience in this area to learn more about
the practical challenges and questions that arise from the curatorial,
collections and care perspectives. The research will produce an article on
the same topic. If possible, I'd like to include case studies and possibly
brief interviews in the article.

I'm also interested to know what comes to mind when you hear/see the term
"digital deaccessioning;" I've been finding that people interpret it
differently. Some think about the deaccessioning of digital works as
described above, some think of only digital derivatives of physical works,
and some think of a digital process, for example a content management
system relating more to the process of deaccessioning.

Thanks in advance for your input! and please feel free to contact me at

Best,
Katherine