From:
Lisa Holley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 15:01:42 -0700
I wouldn't let the 3-5 years thing deter you from
applying for positions. A lot of times education can
make up for the lack professional experience. Not all
of us in this profession have master's degrees. I
would think that your degrees would count for
something. Also, when I moved to Washington DC, I did
a behind the scenes volunteer program. Most of the
museums down here hire from within. It's a great way
to meet people and if you're in the right place at the
right time.... If you don't get hired by the museum
you're volunteering/interning at, ask your supervisor
if you can put them down as a reference and definitely
include the internship/volunteering on your resume.

Best of Luck,
Lisa Holley