From:
Peter Musa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:09:00 +0000
Dear Peter and All,

I have been closely following up this thread and I enjoy it much. In
our competitive world today with its scarce resources getting a job is
another school. You are fortunate to have museum professionals
offering you important insights on steps that could lead you secure a
job in the museum sector. I also very much appreciate their frankness
in telling you the realities about a museum career, (like museum work
and do not expect to use it as a path to making money much money). I
have been running Mus'Art Gallery for sixteen years without a salary!
I am supported by family, my publications and presently working to set
up a workshop that can help to generate income for running the museum
and making it sustainable. (Anyone interested in supporting Mus'Art
Gallery with art tools or art supplies go to
http://www.musartgallery.org/contact )

Peter, I like doing what I am doing it was a lifetime dream and I am
happy I realized my dreams. Each day I keep making progress and my
museum has become popular not only in Cameroon but across the globe. I
have volunteers that are working with me from different countries on
all continents and those that want to do something for my museum. In
2009 I had an intern from the University of Bordeaux in France who was
interested in someday working for the French Cultural Service. Do not
relent your efforts keep taking a step at a time and you will
certainly arrive where you are aiming. Join networks such as the
American Alliance of Museums, International Council of Museums,
GlobalMuseum etc You can join all these on Linkedin.com (All these
networks post job openings each day). Think seriously about furthering
your education as per the numerous suggestions and continue to find
internships in the museum field and be involved in your local museums
or museum events around you to network and build contacts.

I wish you luck and thanks to all for this collaborative spirit that
will go a long way to help not only Peter, but several other persons
interested in the museum sector.

Peter Musa, Director
http://www.connectcp.org/petermusa
--
Mus'Art Gallery
Bamfem Qtr, P.O Box 21 KUMBO, North West Region, Cameroon - Africa.