From:
Laura Keal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:27:51 -0800
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, IMMEDIATE OPENING
The Itasca County Historical Society in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, manages
a museum, gift shop, and research center in Central School, a building on
the National Register. We seek an individual with enthusiasm, management
and leadership skills to expand the society's potential as a vital
educational resource for our community. Applicants must be skilled in
fund raising, including successful grant writing. The Society is
currently mounting a significant interpretive project to install new
exhibits, based in part on advice from completed MAP and CAP surveys.
This individual will work closely with the board of directors and be
responsible to develop/manage a $120,000 budget, one full-time curator
and two part-time staff.  Duties also include daily operations,
educational programming, and public relations/marketing.  The position
requires three years of experience in history museum management. Advanced
degree in appropriate field preferred. Salary will be commensurate with
qualifications. Send cover letter, resume and references by March 5,
1999, to: Search Committee, ICHS, P.O. Box 664, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.