From:
"Peter B. Tirrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:05:12 -0000
Ken - We are about to move into a new facility of 190,000 at a
construction cost of about $28 million = $147.37/SF. This dos not include
any cost for exhibits, architects, furniture, landscaping, etc., just the
building. You may wish to visit our web page or visit with me about
it(strategic planning, fund raising. etc.). There are photos of the
construction on the web page.

> general, overall cost per
>square foot. I realize there may be wide discrepancies depending upon the
>kind of museum and what's included, but I would appreciate any replies.
>Please mention the general size of the museum and any other qualifications.

Peter B. Tirrell, Associate Director
Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
The University of Oklahoma
1335 Asp Avenue
Norman, Oklahoma   73019-6071
tel:  (405) 325-1009
Fax:  (405) 325-7699
OMNH web page: http://www.omnh.ou.edu/
also:  president, Association of College and University
Museums and Galleries(ACUMG) www.omnh.ou.edu/acumg/