From:
"RAY BUCKO, S.J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 08:28:08 EST
Hello.... this is my first message on the net.

I'm an anthropologist (U of Chicago) teaching at a small undergraduate
school in Syracuse.  I do a course in museums and social science every
other year trying to show the interaction between museum display and social
theory and the importance of ethics, community involvement, etc.

This year I had the students create "virtual museusm".  I'd like to invite
you all to visit their museums if you have time and to comment on them if
you have the inclination.  Also, is anyone else out there doing something
similar?  I don't 'run' in a museum crowd!

You can get to the museums at this address:

             http://maple.lemoyne.edu/~bucko/ant301.html

Thank you for reading this message.

Oh, none of these students have had computer experience or previous courses
in anthropology!  It was a big learing curve but most of them made it.  The
hardest part of the course was getting them to think of what Boas had to
say rather than to change the color of the background on their home pages!
The latter is easier once you get a hang of it.
  | \ |                LE MOYNE COLLEGE * SYRACUSE, NY               | / |
  | / |           DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY           | \ |
  | \ | RAYMOND BUCKO, S.J. * ANTHROPOLOGY * [log in to unmask] | / |