From:
alice Gillette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:39:59 -0700
  Dear Mark- Center for Creative Photography at the Univ. of Arizona in
Tucson catalogues its fine print collection in a computerized data base
which can be searched by subject matter and by photographer.  Once you
know which collections there have maritime photography, you can find
reams more of information in the archives upstairs from the print
collection.  Also in the same building is a library on the subject of
photography.  The card catalog is computerized and can be researched
through the internet.  I believe the Center also has a web page. Sorry I
don't have the e-mail address on me, but the phone number is (520)
621-7968 or for the library 621-1331. In the library ask for Tim.

There is also a Los Angeles Maritime Museum which may have a wealth of
photographs to examine since I ran into one of their archivists at a
conference on photographic collection management. He does not seem to
have an e-mail connection , but his snail mail address is:

David P. Keener, Assistant Archivist
Los Angeles Maritime Museum
Berth 84
Foot of 6th Street
San Pedro, California 90731

telephone: (310)548-7618
fax: (310)832-6537

Best of luck in your research.
Sincerely, Alice Gillette, CAPR Registrar, Tucson , AZ