From:
Janice Frater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:56:00 PST
Kia Ora / Greetings

We are about to initiate a project to explore the issue of a national
standards scheme for New Zealand Museums and Art Galleries.  By this we mean
a scheme which will provide museums with a tool for measuring their
performance.

Does anyone have a bibliography they would like to share with us - or any
information or reports on such standards schemes?  (this includes
accreditation or registration or guidelines schemes)

We have some information on the Museums and Galleries Commission
Registration Scheme in the United Kingdom and are also in contact with
colleagues in Australia who are developing their National Guidelines.

Please respond off list.

Thanks in advance

Janice Frater
Senior Adviser,National  Services