From:
Miriam Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 13:01:45 -0600
Dear List,
In hopes that there is a museum out there who has works by artist Hans
Bhalla in their collection . . . I am searching out any and all information
on the artist for our catalog records/artist files, if you have any
information however slight it may help me with other leads. What I know:
Hans Bhalla born in India unknown date. He moved to the US. He showed in the
US and in Jamaica in the 1970s. Worked as an associate professor of art and
acting chairman of the Art Department at Spelman College in Atlanta, GA in
the early 1970s. He was the acting co-ordinator of the co-ordinated Art
Program of the Atlanta University Center College. He was married to Japanese
block print artist Tamami Shima (1937-1999). The works we have by Hans
Bhalla are photographic collages and photomontages, generally all abstract
some with figurative elements.
Much thanks to the collective brain!
Miriam

-- Miriam S. Norris