From:
Dave Broman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:11:11 -0400
We've switched to a quarterly publication (paper) for members only, and have added a monthly email newsletter that is free for anyone. The quarterly has more meat in terms of articles and history, and the email has more short-term promotional info. We'll probably be able to go all electronic eventually, but even computer-friendly people often still appreciate something a little more tangible.

With the print publication for those who prefer paper, email for any and all, and our social networking, we've been able to begin building new relationships with a wide variety of people that we weren't reaching previously.

It's tempting to go all electronic because of the reduced cost. But I'd suggest that the relationships are the key goal, and those aren't successfully developed and maintained based on your needs but on your customers/visitors/members needs.

Dave Broman
Howard Co. Historical Society
Kokomo, IN