From:
Barry Dressel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:13:32 -0400
Yeah, well, and it might do museums--particularly history museums--a hell
of a lot of good if they were seen as COLLECTIONS--libraries of
objects--the way libraries and archives are seen as collections of books,
manuscripts, and records, instead of trying to occupy positions as places
that teach, or as entertainment attractions.