From:
Barry Dressel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:06:11 -0400
Isolated as I am out here in the Indies where the rum is brewed, I wonder
if I could ask for some exhibit help?  Namely we are in the process of
scripting an exhibit titled "Wind, Tides, Currents, Trash."  In various
science museums I have seen visitor-activated wave machines--basically a
prop that shows that a wave is not moving water, but moving energy. I want
one big enough so that we could illustrate the break when the wave pulse
encounters the bottom.  I would prefer to fabricate our own, since we have
a pretty sophisticated exhibits shop inhouse.  Anyone seen one of these and
know where we could find plans?
Barry Dressel
Turks and Caicos National Museum, Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands,
British West Indies