From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:41:55 -0500
We use bulk rate for our bi-monthly program mailings and it works well for most of our members.   The D (5 digit) and 3 (3 digit) pieces tend to be delivered within 2 or 3 days.   The A (ADC) and MXD (Mixed ADC) go a lot slower.   I have learned to send the handful of ADC's that live locally by first class mail.  The rest of the ADC and Mixed ADC can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to be resorted and delivered.  Most of these members live in other states and don't come to the programs anyhow.   Bulk mail costs about half of first class postage, but given our experience, it makes most sense if most of your members are within a small number of zip codes.

Let me know if you need translation of any of this.

Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College
www.mitchellmuseum.org