From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 12:29:41 +0100
Hi Henry:

You will find both the June 1995 UNIDROIT Convention on Stolen Cultural
Objects text, and an anonymous commentary from an oficial participant in
the 3 week Rome conference via my WWW home page:

    http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/index.html

There is still a long way to go, as the Convention has to be ratified by
States and this is going to take a matter of years rather than months in
some cases. There is a big head of steam againsat it building up in the
USA and at least one top art trade lawyer is coming to London 14/15
November to speak against it at an international conference on stolen art
organised by the Lloyds of London insurance market, INTERPOL, Art Loss
Register etc.

Yrs.

Patrick Boylan