From:
Mandy Langfald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:55:19 -0600
Does anyone have any advice on how we should clean our large silver
plated punch bowl and ladle. Despite our protests these items from our
permanent collection were used to serve punch out of over the weekend.
Apparently they used a liner for the bowl but used the ladle as is. We
are now wondering what is the best way to clean these items so that the
punch does not damage them. We were thinking distilled water but should
we do something more?? Should we use some kind of silver polish paste?
If it were just general cleaning I would say no but considering it has
been used is this the best way to protect it? And if so can anyone
recommend a brand to use that isn't to abrasive?

Thanks for the advice.

Mandy Langfald
Curator of Collection
Wyoming State Museum