From:
Alex Avdichuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:03:29 -0400
I administer a large collection of architectural fragments in stone, metal,
brick, wood and terracotta. My cataloguing worksheet is not terribly
different from a standard artifact worksheet, except for a few additions
pertinent to the architectural collection, including fields for Architect,
Original Building, Original Building Location, Sculptor (for decorative
pieces, such as bas-relief panels), Other Technicians Involved (carpenters,
joiners, etc.), Date Erected, Date Demolished, Construction Methods etc.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  Most of the standard
artifact fields are applicable to this type of collection as well
(materials, dimensions, etc.)

Alex Avdichuk
City of Toronto
Arts, Culture and Heritage Services

Does anyone out there know of a good worksheet for cataloging
architectural remnants and fragments?
Wade Lawrence
Drayton Hall--National Trust for Historic Preservation