From:
Alex Avdichuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:47:57 -0400
Peter:

I have had success with a polymeric rust converter which I used on outdoor
wrought iron.  The chemical called "Conquest" converts the rust to a stable
tannic oxide and then the polymer seals the metal against moisture
penetration and forms a base coat which can then be painted over.  Any
rusted area that comes in contact with the metal turns black, while in all
other non-rusty areas, the chemical dries clear.  Keep in mind that this
process is NOT reversible, but in my case, it was a choice of having the
wrought iron rust away to nothing or preserve it through this
non-reversible process.  Another advantage of this product is that the
rusted metal does not need to be sandblasted or even sanded down, because
the presence of rust is required for the chemical reaction to take place.

The company I purchase the product from is a Canadian distributor, but the
original company, Liner Rolpanit, is in Europe, unfortunately I'm not sure
exactly where.

If you would like to contact me off-list, I can find out from the Canadian
distributor where in Europe the parent company is located.

Alex Avdichuk

Question: Are there methods to your knowledge on how to (1) stop the
rusting process and (2) preserve the "looks" of the tanks.
If we cannot find a suitable method, we would have to clean them via
sandblasting. Then they would look new and neat - but that's not the
intention.
Thanks in advance
Peter, the Rebernik