From:
Regan Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:32:17 -0400
Hi guys,

Our institution is currently undergoing a revamp of our strategic plan

and two points have come up that I was asked to throw out to the list

and see if anyone could shed some light on them for us.

First, we know we're going to have to go through re-branding ourselves

(perhaps that should be just 'branding' ourselves. I don't believe we

were ever branded in the first place). Has anyone gone through this

recently? And if so, roughly what was the scope of it? How long did it

take? And if you don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

The second question is, we are looking at implementing an emergent

media/social networking program. Our staff is very much on board with

this idea, however, our biggest hurdle it seems is the fact that we are

a county institution. Therefore all of our IT is run through the county

and it is so tightly controlled, half the research we do for programs

and exhibits has to have permission so we can access various sites.

Before we can go to the county with our program idea, we'd like to have

some feedback from other institutions that are government (city, county,

state, federal) run on whether or not you make use of things like

Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, Flickr, Second life, etc. and if

you do - what is the relationship the governmental entity plays in that

use?

Long winded, I know. Sorry about that. J

Regan Brooks

Registrar

Gaston County Museum of Art & History

PO Box 429

Dallas, NC 28034-0429

704.922.7681 ext. 107

Don't Know What to Do About H1N1 Flu?  Call (704)-854-H1N1 (4161)

                                                  Pursuant to North
Carolina General Statute, Chapter 132, email correspondence to and
from this address may be considered public record under the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.