From:
Brian Bray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 15:03:56 -0500
Building upon last year's very successful program, the Association of
Midwest Museums (AMM) is pleased to present the 2013 Leadership Academy. The
AMM Leadership Academy, scheduled for September 23-27, 2013 in Chicago,
Illinois, is designed for mid-level museum professionals and new directors.
The AMM Leadership Academy will provide specific leadership knowledge and
skill development in an affordable and time-sensitive format and will teach
participants to incorporate theories of leadership into management practices
and business operations. In addition to leadership training, participants
will form a cohort of peers who will serve as an invaluable network
throughout their careers.

Sessions will include:

*	Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership
*	Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
*	Coaching Conversation
*	The Case for Strategy
*	Strategy: From Vision to Plan
*	Museum Trustees: How Do You Create a Successful Leadership
Partnership?
*	Creating a Culture of Philanthropy
*	Using Conversational Finance to Drive Discussion, Change, and
Strategy
*	Innovation and Leadership

The early-bird registration deadline is Sunday, July 30, 2013. To download a
program for the AMM Leadership Academy, visit the AMM website at
http://www.midwestmuseums.org/pdfs/2013%20Leadership%20Program.pdf
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001eu9SkzQpjiHNbsonCAxAriZqdzzdrZXn1WqwX8y7M_cJ
hu790oFWqS9mqNlkbkRaniULUCsEzGugfHj8eH-SjJKKdxV1SpYX01GywZ23l0eTpNmchVGinNCx
cPLD1kcIXODZ_wYTOpDpPao6h4vl7Dy-ijEBBAi8yZEo8L8MZidsxNLjXH1p1w==>

Here are some comments from last year's attendees:

"The Leadership Academy fulfilled a critical step in my professional growth.
The weeklong program spanned a range of topics from innovative thinking and
strategic planning to fostering positive governance structures and
philanthropy engagement. In addition to these resources, the personal
connections made with fellow attendees and presenters
have aided me as I move forward in my career. I absolutely encourage my
colleagues to attend this program so we can continue to build strong
leadership within the communities we serve."

"This whole program was well-conceived and planned, and came at a perfect
time for me. I was extremely impressed with each presenter and what they
brought to the table. The conversations fostered here will serve as a road
map for future discussions at my institution."

"This was incredibly inspiring/helpful and unique. Ten years of conference
material in one intensive experience."

For more information, contact Brian Bray at [log in to unmask] or at
314-746-4557.

Please visit the AMM Facebook page and "friend" us to receive updates on AMM
programs and services!