From:
"VCMHA.org - Collections" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:24:19 -0800
Martha,
We put in a small fiber optic system in one gallery about a year ago. It really changes the look of the objects, and we are mostly happy with it. We were not prepared for the high cost of the replacement bulbs, or the frequency with which they need to be replaced. We have also had a couple of bad fuses or ballasts in the illuminator boxes, which we were able to replace, but not in a very timely manner. We also found that we needed to add a yellowish filter to half of the lights, to even out the color of the light. Feel free to contact me off the list if you want more details.
Kathy Henri, Collections Manager
Ventura County Museum of History & Art
100 E. Main St.
Ventura, CA 93001