From:
Ava Wilkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:33:10 -0500
Hello everyone,

I am working on an advertising plan for our new traveling Civil War
photography exhibition Portraits In Gray.  The problem is that I have
been given little to NO budget for this endeavor.  I have already
pursued all available avenues with our Smithsonian affiliation program.
In addition, I have contacted other organizations that we are members of
GAMG, AASLH, which will publish our information on their websites and
newsletters.  I am continuing to push for an advertising budget.  You
have spend money to make money, right?  I would really like to attend
some of the national conferences for these organizations and set up a
vendor booth to advertise the exhibit.

Since this is my first adventure with advertising a traveling exhibit, I
wanted to seek the collective wisdom of the list.    What avenues have I
not explored?  What was most effective for you?

I really did not feel the listserv is an appropriate outlet to advertise
your exhibits.  Is this a correct assumption?

Any advice is greatly appreciated J,

Thank you!

Ava R. Wilkey

Registrar/ Asst. Curator

The Southern Museum

an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution

2829 Cherokee Street NW

Kennesaw, GA  30144

770-427-2117 ext 3058

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it was addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately destroy the original and all copies and contact the City of Kennesaw at 770-424-8274.