From:
"Povilaitis, Michelle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:06:30 -0400
Hello all,

I'd like to make a correction: The Philadelphia Museum of Art layed off 28
employees, not 78. We'd need to shut down had we lost 1/3 of our staff. The
news is bad, but not That Bad. It goes without saying that museums are in a
difficult phase now and losing 28 staff members is a significant amount for
a museum of any size. Morale is definitely low.

Whether you're struggling to get your foot in the door or working through
financial turmoil, hopefully we can all survive it with our humanity, sense
of humor, and aspirations intact.

Michelle Povilaitis
Assistant Registrar
Philadelphia Museum of Art