From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:33:17 -0700
Robin,

A couple years ago, we (the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles) opened a
very nice exhibit hall on Native Americans.  The curator worked closely
with Native American groups.  The curator's name is Margaret Hardin, if you
would like to contact her.  Her number is:  (213)744-3382.  She doesn't yet
have eMail.

The Los Angeles Area also has the Southwest Museum, which is deals with
Native American Art and Culture with an emphasis on the southwestern
peoples.

The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History has some terrific exhibits on
local native groups (plus Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful cities
in California and ought to be seen!)

There is alos a local Indian Cultural Center.  If you like, I can get
numbers for you.  They could probably provide you with additional
information.

Jim

>At the end of the year we hope to send two Maori exhibition designers to
>visit some North American museums and cultural attractions.  Along with the
>standard stops, the Smithsonian, Disneyland, etc., they want to see as many
>interesting and innovative displays of indigenous American culture as
>possible.  Do you have any suggestions?
>
>Robin Parkinson
>Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa

Jim Angus

Director of Internet Resources/Information Technology
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007
(213) 744-3317

http://www.usc.edu:/lacmnh