From:
Joanne Olson-DMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 10:36:04 -0500
I also agree with Susan and Joshua. Just this weekend an undergrad student
came in.  He doing a paper on the impact of the Internet and museums. This
is someone that lives in our immediate area.  And discovered us first in
the Net.  Never been here before, couldn't believe that we were so large.
He'd been to the Kimbell in Fort Worth multiple
times, a small museum.  But we are in its shadow when it comes to
budgets and public awareness.

Another encounter, Dallas is big for conventions.  I've had several
people contact me about events planned for specific times when they will
be downtown for a convention.  Most didn't know about us before the Web
pages, even though they come to Dallas for the same conventions every year.

I'd suggest you get linked to every promotional page about your city.
Think about how someone who doesn't know about the museum lists/resources
would be able to find you.

I've also added a "mailto:" button on every page.  It's increased the
number of messages I receive considerably.

Joanne Ikemoto-Olson
Assistant Visual Resource Manager
Collections Information Center      | email: [log in to unmask]
Dallas Museum of Art                | http://www.unt.edu/dfw/dma/www/dma.htm
1717 North Harwood                  | voice: 214-922-1314
Dallas, TX 75201                    | fax: 214-954-0174