Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:00:00 -0400
***2024 Virtual Conference Call for Proposals Now Open***
Based upon this year's virtual conference theme, we want to look at the
many ways we can Synergize our work. We want to explore how relationships
and partnerships - both planned or unexpected - achieve mutually beneficial
outcomes. We are interested in topics that include:

● Collaboration strategies with partners
● Projects that changed because you found balance with a colleague or a
collaborator
● Development of more effective and efficient workflows
● Projects that promote and foster relationships between the museum
collections, staff, and the community

Proposals are due no later than 5:00 pm, Central Standard Time, April 19,
2024.

Submit Your Proposal Here:
https://www.arcsinfo.org/programs/conference/2024-virtual-conference#Proposals

***Membership Survey***
We want to hear from you! The ARCS Membership Committee has created the
2024 Membership Survey. Your participation and voice will help us improve
our work and prioritize your needs. The results help all of us at ARCS
ensure that we are doing right by our membership. The deadline to complete
the survey is April 15, 2024.

If you are a member and did not receive the survey link, please email us at
[log in to unmask] to participate

***Upcoming Programming***
**ARCS University Collections Webinar April 3, 2024**
Those who manage and work in university collections are often presented
with unique challenges and circumstances that can only be found at
institutions of higher learning. During this webinar, the speakers will
present tips and tricks related to things like governance and use of
collections, including handling and object-based research. At the
conclusion of the webinar, we will provide attendees with a resource list
including a bibliography and other useful places to get good information.

Date: April 3, 2024
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET

Speakers
-Joe Leduc, Head Registrar at the RISD Museum
-Rachel Zilinksi, Registrar and Assistant Curator at the William Benton
Museum of Art, UCONN
-Adam Hutler, Associate Registrar at the Penn Museum
-Moderated by: Carla Galfano, Manager-House Collections, Dumbarton Oaks &
ARCS Committee Member

Price
$25 for members
$50 for nonmembers

Register Here:
https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2411/1/arcs-webinar-university-collections

**Meetup - Am I the Fool? April 4, 2024**
Back by popular demand, it's the annual April Fool's inspired Meet Up "Am I
the Fool?" In this virtual meetup, the joke is NOT on you! No questions are
foolish here! Join your colleagues for an open forum to ask questions,
provide support and advice, and share wisdom and anecdotes about those
unexpected situations that arise in our everyday work as collections
professionals.

Hosts:
ARCS Meet Up Subcommittee

Register for this free event:
https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2412/1/arcs-virtual-meetup-am-i-the-fool

**Textile Workshop April 25 & 26, 2024**
Claim one of the final spots for the Workshop!

Join us for a two-day, hands-on workshop about the handling, storage, and
display of textiles. This workshop is geared toward professionals working
in small to mid-sized museums who have little to no textile experience.

Location
Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Presenters
Heather Hansen (she/her/hers) is a textile conservation assistant at
Winterthur Museum, Library, & Garden.
Heather Hodge (she/her/hers) is the textile conservator at The Preservation
Society of Newport County in Rhode Island

Price
$175/day for members
$250/day for nonmembers
*Breakfast and lunch will be provided.

Capacity: Maximum of 35 attendees per day.

Sponsored by:
Ely & Atelier

For more info:
https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2410/0/arcs-textile-workshop

***Apply for the Summer 2024 Internship Stipend***
ARCS is committed to advocating for paid internships in an industry that
remains inaccessible to many, and we are proud to announce that we will be
offering internship stipends to qualified applicants for summer 2024. Three
awardees pursuing internships in registration or collections management
will receive a $1,000 stipend and an annual membership to ARCS.

Applicants are requested to submit the application form along with a cover
letter and resume. The Internship must be primarily focused on
registration/collections management and must be a minimum of 60 hours and
take place over the course of no more than six months. Recipients agree to
write a short summary of their internship experience. The report will be
due to ARCS by September 10, 2024.

Applicants should submit their application materials by April 14, 2024, and
awardees will be notified by the end of April. Applicants should already be
accepted into an unpaid or low-paid internship program.

Find out more: https://www.arcsinfo.org/opportunities/internship-stipends

  .FO OFF