From:
Robin White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:49:22 -0400
Hi Noel,

Your YouTube videos are interesting for their content of course, but
also because I see that you're trying to establish a format for how
to show YouTube videos generally.

You've got a lovely opening but at almost 36 seconds long, it
discouraged me from watching more than one program. Many museums,
like the Ontario Science Center, don't even open with a logo but just
begin with what people want to see - the video itself. They put their
logo at the end. It's more user friendly to the viewer to be able to
get right to the thing you want to watch. If you feel strongly that
you need to brand each video with a logo, perhaps you could shorten
it to 5-6 seconds, and leave the long one at the end.

I've been producing videos and computer interactives for museums for
many years and am now also consulting with museums on how to
establish a presence on the web beyond the corporate websites.

At this year's AAM conference in Denver, I taught two tutorials on
how to produce video podcasts. On my blog, Mediacombo.net/blog, Kevin
von Appen at the Ontario Science Center, and AAM panelists from MoMA,
the San Jose Museum of Art, the Indianapolis Museum of Art and others
talk about getting the most out of YouTube. These folks are full of
good insights!

I hope this is helpful.

Robin

Robin White Owen