From:
"Tom D. Bennett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:01:33 -0900
Nancy:
Strange you should ask just now as I'm in process of building a web-site
dedicated to providing information on exhibit preparation, mountmaking and
installation.  I've just started the pages on exhibit cases and security, so
haven't put them into cohesive form as yet, but let me give you a place to
start by sending you here: http://www.euronova.freeserve.co.uk/museum1.htm.
I've used some of their alarm systems and boy, do they work!

Their site is geared to alarm systems for exhibits and doesn't go into case
construction as such, however it will give you some alternatives to security
issues within exhibits.

As I go through my references on exhibit case standards, I'll get the pages
off to you.

I expect the full website is another two months away from completion.
Presently it is at 140 pages, without all the graphics.  It covers
everything I can think of relating to exhibit work based on nearly 20 years
in the business, and is geared to the small to mid-sized museum and gallery
who have to do it all themselves. The entire site will be available in .pdf,
and perhaps on CD.

BTW, the site is being provided free to all with no banners, pop-ups or ads.
Museums have been very good to me for many years and it's my way of saying
thanks to all.  It will be open to input from anyone with creative, workable
solutions, and with luck, will grow for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Tom Bennett
Exhibit Support, AK