From:
Lisa Craig Brisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:12:34 EDT
Hi Tom.  I've been meaning to call you an haven't had a chance but your
posting on Museum-L reminded me of this new handy communication system (I
love e-mail).

How was ALHFAM?  I was so sorry I couldn't go.  It's the first one I've
missed since I started going.  Steve and I got married in May and we're
still catching up.  A trip to Virginia would have put us over the edge
(financially and mentally).

I'm in the middle of a last ditch effort to actually get my M.A.  I
recently changed my thesis topic to a subject that was a little more
interesting to me.  I am doing a case study of MSHP to talk about
accessibility for visitors with disabilities at historic sites.  One of
the chapters focuses on access issues particular to historic sites.  I
want to include a couple of examples where sites have been creative in
finding ways to balance access with historic preservation but also
accuracy for living history.  The one good example I have is the earthen
ramps that Sturbridge uses.  I'm looking for another example of a nifty
solution.  Do you have any ideas or know people I might talk to?  Did
anything fun come up at ALHFAM?

I'm hoping to finish this draft by the beginning of July.  Nothing like a
little last minute pressure to get the creative juices going.  Thanks for
your help.

Lisa Craig Brisson, Museum Educator
Mackinac State Historic Parks
(616) 436-7301