From:
"Richardson, Lindsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:50:54 -0400
Hi Amanda - The problem might be with your top coat, not the pen.
Sometimes if there's too much solvent in the solution the top coat will
erase the ink rather than covering it.  I had this problem with top coat
I bought from University Products a few years ago.  The stuff I bought
from the Northern States Conservation Center works well though.  I've
been told you can mix your own base and top coats too (although I
haven't tried it myself).

Lindsey Richardson

Curator of Collections

Boston Children's Museum