From:
Lee Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2013 09:43:17 -0500
Ruth's comment gets to the basic question everyone has when considering QR codes: Will they be used?

Would anyone whose institution has used them be willing to share information on how often pages are retrieved via the QR codes and the number of visitors over this same time period?  A rough estimate on visitors over the period will help readers here understand whether, for example, 100/month is a large number or a small number.  (Usage stats should be available via the QR platform you use or through your website log files.)

A question about implementing a QR code-based tour was raised in the context of a living history site in the ALHFAM group on LinkedIn and it generated quite a discussion.  (The ALFHAM group is a closed group.  Some of that discussion along with additional thoughts about enabling smartphone and tablets users to learn more via their devices, and the pros and cons of QR codes and responsive design, is here: http://www.thehistorylist.com/blog_posts/86-Using-QR-codes-at-historic-sites-and-other-ways-to-meet-the-needs-of-mobile-visitors.)

-- Lee

. . .

   Lee Wright  -  [log in to unmask]
   The History List  -  The calendar system for history organizations