From:
Ross Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 1994 11:46:49 -0600
In message Thu, 12 May 1994 11:33:44 +1000,
  Linda Young <[log in to unmask]>  writes:

> Though I'm not familiar with it, the Western Australian Museum (WAM) has
> produced a procedure manual for cataloguing photographs, in a system
> called 'Wamfoto'.  It's also available on disk as 'Wamfoto for PC'. I
> think it's primarly directed at giving as many as possible classification
> or cross-reference fields for subsequent searching. The author is the
> museum photographer, Douglas Elford; he can be reached on snail mail at
> the WA Museum, Francis St, Perth, WA, 6000, Australia.
>
> Linda Young
> Cultural Heritage Management
> University of Canberra

I work at the W.A. Museum where Douglas Elford is the photographer. He has
asked me to pass on to those who are interested in his system for
cataloguing photos the message that he is now also on e-mail. His address is

Unfortunately, I also don't know much about the system either, except that
it comes on a single 3.5" disk which contains a runtime version of Foxpro
2.5. A manual explains the how the system is setup and how the various
fields work. Most fields are accompanied by typing aids which alleviate
repetitious typing.

For a fuller and more accurate summary of its features contact Doug.
The PC system is a runtime version of FOXPRO 2.5 .