From:
"J./B. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 13:33:23 -0500
>2. Protecting  the rights of the institution and  other owner of objects.
>That is a valid point the insitution has to deal with.

Then the issue is not flash photography, but photography in general, which
in most museums is strictly prohibited unless for press purposes.  In this
case, there's a procedure involving signing a form stating that the photo
will be used for publicity only and only in certain ways.

BTW, I once snuck a photo (non-flash) of the Madonna of the Rocks (Leonardo)
and felt extremely guilty doing it.  I was 19.  The photo did not turn out,
which I believe was divine retribution.

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center