From:
Laura Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:08:35 -0400
I would suggest contacting the National Postal Museum, Smithsonian
Institution, 2 Massachusetts Ave, NE, Washington DC 20560.  Unless
there has been a change, the collections manager's name is Ted Wilson.

Laura Mahoney
Office of Sponsored Projects
Smithsonian Institution

>>> Deborah Cooper <[log in to unmask]> 10/12/96 11:44am >>>
Here at the Oakland Museum of California we have a small (a couple
hundred) collection of postage stamps assembled by our first curator
between 1910 and
1915.  We would like to upgrade the housing for this collection, and I am
wondering what the current recommendations are for archival storage
of postage stamps?  We would like to use sleeves of some sort for the
individual stamps to facilitate physical sorting of the collection - first by
catalogue number for inventory and record checking and then by Scott
number for access and study.  Advice regarding proper storage and
sources for needed supplies would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Deborah Cooper
Museum Collections Coordinator