From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 06:22:06 -0600
Jocelyn,

Good questions, and I do hope people will respond to the net.  I am
personally most interested in questions about the use of multi-directional
vs linear media...user-directed vs curator/educator/
interpreter-directed.  In the former category I would include WWW sites,
which you didn't mention, but which are truly another arrow in the quiver
(maybe "tool in the kit" is more appropriate in your area; I dis-remember
Polynesians being very big on bows and arrows).

Tom Vaughan

>I am working on set of guidelines for the development of AV, video/videodisc
>and audio productions in exhibitions for the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa
>Tongarewa, and am seeking relevant and recent audience &/or operational
>research in these areas:
>
> - selection and location of media
> - optimum durations
> - programme sequencing/ structuring
> - use of audience research to assist development
> - degrees of interactivity
> - visitor preferences
>
>( I already have copies of articles by Alt and R.Miles)
>
>Please reply on the list or directly to :
>

>Many thanks to those who replied to last week's enquiry on queer policy
>development.

Tom Vaughan                    \_   Cultural
The Waggin' Tongue             \_    Resource
[log in to unmask]             \_     Management,
[log in to unmask]               \_       Interpretation,
11795 County Road 39.2                \_       Planning, &
Mancos, CO 81328 USA                    \_       Training