From:
Paul Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:03:47 -0400
My immediate concern would be bandwidth.  What connection type are you
using?  Also, how much change will the database require?  If you're
making only minor changes, then your bandwidth shouldn't be as much of a
problem  (other than initial setup).

As for what to check for:  I would ask for references.  Also, find out
where they are located.  Is their server farm located near a reliable
power station?  Are they coastal (storm and flooding)?  Are they insured
in anyway?  What is on-site physical security like?

I would approach this as if you were planning to store artifacts.  Data
is valuable too.

Of course, this may all be overkill.  If you're simply looking for
reliable backup, you may not need such drastic assurances.

Paul

--
*Paul C. Fritz*
**Pamplin Historical Park & the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier*