From:
"ART HARRIS, UTEP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 20:03:32 MST
Richard Perry, commenting on the firing of the house historian, wrote:

>While I have no tolerance for the content of these hate messages and am
>entirely opposed to the agenda of Gingrich and his fellow-travelers, I am
>certainly open to the idea that she might have been savaged unfairly.
>Inform me, please.

I caught the tail end of an interview with her (I think on public
radio), and it was my impression that she wanted to use the rhetoric
of the Nazis et al. to show how otherwise decent people could be led
(misled) to horrendous acts--to show the atmosphere of the times
and help clarify how things unthinkable can come to be accepted under
a barrage of vicious propaganda.

Unfortunately, I didn't hear enough to be positive of this
interpretation, but I did hear enough to be fairly sure the general
media accounts aren't giving a full story.

Art Harris