From:
Peggy Lindauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:51:06 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

In my enthusiasm, I inadvertently posted the rough draft of our
announcement! Please pardon my gaffe as well as the re-posting:

VCUarts Department of Art History has introduced a Curatorial Track
in its PhD program.
The Curatorial Track, offered in partnership with the Virginia Museum
of Fine Arts, trains future art historians to curate collections;
produce museum publications and programs; and manage projects,
departments or institutions.

The program combines coursework in: 1) Art History, with courses
designed to train critical and productive scholars who are well
grounded in the literature, methodology and major art historical
problems in a designated area of study; 2) Nonprofit Management, with
courses that provide knowledge and skills in nonprofit governance,
management, law, and fund-raising; and 3) Museum Studies, with
courses that provide an overview of historical developments,
institutional responsibilities, and theoretical issues relevant to
contemporary museum practice.

Applications for Fall 2010 admission are due January 15, 2010.

  For more information visit www.vcu.edu/arts/arthistory/dept/graduate

Margaret A. Lindauer, PhD
Associate Professor
VCUarts Museum Studies Coordinator